My New Year's resolution was to have the goal of being content - with me, with my life, with my relationships. I know it sounds corny that "I want to be a better person" - but I truely do. One of my biggest problems (besides severe insecurity) is "the grass is always greener" insecurity. And it ends up not being fair to anybody. So my goal was to not to wish for things just because they were different from the status quo. I never had any idea how hard that would be.
Hand in hand with that is to try and be more active in my church. It always supported me when I was young and I find myself drawn to the community in this process of being happy and humble with what I have.
So I volunteered to work at the Church Picnic - and God help me I am assigned to running Bingo. So far it has been less than rewarding (If someone asks me one more time what prizes I have and do I think they are good ones - I may just roll over and die - I mean why would I buy presents that I though sucked!) but hopefully on Sunday it will be all worth it. Or at least I can get to the point where it is no longer about me - but others.
Anyways, it should be a beautiful weekend anyways....
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment