Sunday, August 06, 2006

Breaking & Entering

I had an interesting night Thursday - after some drinks after work and my normal crazy Thursday night group meeting I came home - to a dark and scary street. I hit the garage door opener and nothing. I get out of the car and try the opener again and nothing. Oh yes boys and girls the power was out, once again. Except this time the only way to get into my house is said garage door. We have a house key problem you see, I don't happen to have one. So my choices are 1) Call a locksmith or 2) Break into my own house. I chose option 2. Thankfully, window breaking was not involved. The garage door does have a window and that window is not only open with a fan in it (don't ask why - I really don't know) and there is a chair under said window. The downside - there is a very large prickly bush in front of the window and I also had on Fancy Pants!!! So what is a girl to do - she goes bottom first, lands on the chair, flips over and voila I have broken into my own home with the finesse of Jim Carrey. Luckily, the power came back on at 3am, and I will be getting a house key...soon...

No comments: