Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Why does everyone always remember your mistakes?!

Another little anecdote from the KY trip.

So in my family we pick on each other, laugh alot and to an outsider may be pretty mean, but it is all in good fun. This of course comes from my father's side of the family that can make fun of your name in ways that 3rd graders could never comprehend (and no - I will not share what my Aunt has called me for way to many years - but my cousin Melissa is known as Matilda, so you get the idea).

Anyways, since we do not visit that often, there is often some deep digging about things that happened a long, long time ago that people will NOT LET GO!!!!!!! (Can you tell they picked on me last week?) Everyone loves to remind me how on Christmas morning I used up so much of the hot water the other 6 PEOPLE were unable to take their showers - including my grandparents. Now I am not that devoted to cleanliness, I'm just a bit of a daydreamer that lollygags in the bathroom. Plus I was like 13 years old so this was over 15 years ago!!!!! And yet they have not forgotten.

But I think I may have something to replace it from this visit. Did it rain as much here as it did in KY? Well it rained cats and dogs (litterally - I'm sure a few washed up :) And we had parked on the edge of the driveway. So we go to get in the car (and of course in mid down pour) I walk on the grass to get into the car, well I tried to anyway. I took two steps and my feet stuck, actually were suctioned cup to the mud. Then I started to sink, like quick sand kind of sink. I tried to lift my foot, but when I did, the show did not come with me. So I said f-it and I walked in the mud in my socks (to my ankles mind you) and jumped in the car.

So maybe I will now be known as a stuck in the mud - hey its better than the crap I get over hot water bills.

And yes the shoes are ruined. I guess I will have to go shopping :)

No comments: