This past weekend our wonderful neighbors threw us a shower. But before I get to that, let me tell you what was SUPPOSED to happen on Saturday.
So I knew March was going to be busy (as noted previously), but this weekend packed a punch. In the morning we had our Infant CPR class, then I had to go to work for about 2 hours, then my parents would get to town and we would go buy my diaper bag (which is just TOTALLY HAWESOME!) and then go to the shower. My parents were spending the night and we's have breakfast the next day together and then I'd do home homework and then go to a work function Sunday night. Not a tight schedule at all is it.....
This is what really happened:
Realized Infant CPR was in GARNER (which is 30 mins away instead of at the hospital down the street). So we think no problem. Excpet we can't find the place. Brent & I have to take seperate cars so I can drive straight to work and WE CAN'T FIND IT!!! Hell, we never did find it even 45 minutes later! Thus, begun my first real pregnancy breakdown, and it happened in a bombed out Hardees parking lot.
Then, we decide to make the most of it, go out for coffee and since I had my computer with me I got homework done. That made mentally feel better, but my stressed out stomach rejected the coffee.
The work meeting went fine, but everything had already started to get a bit crazy, so now I worry all day....
I get back and here my parents are running late, which is fine for me, so I take a nap while Brent finishes cleaning the house.
So my parents arrive at around 3:15. The shower is at 5 so I figure that gives us enough time to go downtown grab a diaper bag and then I can come back and get ready. Of course I should have realized that 1) trendy places do not have handicapped accessible locations (and currently my mom is a bit handicapp) so she was sequestered to one part of the store and I had to bring everything to her. 2) That you cannot just drop in a buy a diaper bag - there are decisions to be made people!!!
Then after bag shopping we stop at target, because you always have to stop at Target, and to pick up my brother's gift for me.
So we get home at about 4:55, and there are a TON of people at my house, all waiting to walk across the street together.
And then I get the phone call. The website is messed up and we need it fixed ASAP.
So I start to work on it and then lose it and kick everyone out of the house and send them across the street. The problem is I can't fix it. I don't have the files I need. Luckily, someone that does is a phone call away, but she is not home yet. So I give up about 45 minutes later and arrive seriously late to my own shower.
But it was such a relaxed and calming shower, that I got a chance to just slow down and be supported by my friends and family and that just felt great. To just release for awhile. Oh and let me tell you - we got some great stuff. I feel like we are almost ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment