Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Flat Tire

There are days when I am completely amazed at how wonderful a husband I have. (and since he doesn't even read my blog I can say this :) Last week when Brent was returning from "tempting fate" by going to Atlanta he ran into a woman with a flat tire. Being the guy that he is, he stopped and changed her tire. This is the e-mail he gets in return:

Dear Brent -

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you giving up a half hour of your life to help me tonight at the airport when I had a flat tire. You are a wonderful man.

You could have easily said "I can call road service for you".....or "sorry, I have to get home to my almost 9 months pregnant wife", or just "sorry, lady, I'm so tired, I have to get home".

I would have understood totally. But you didn't. You gave me your time, you got your clothes dirty, and you were simply terrific. I am deeply grateful. And another great thing is, I can do it myself next time, since I watched what you did! I am thrilled about that, too!

Will you please reply with your home address?

Please tell your wife how happy you made another woman today... and how lucky she is to have such a good person as a husband. My deepest thanks to you....

Congratulations on your new baby who'll be here in two weeks. I believe this is a lucky baby, and I'll bet you and your wife will be great parents.

Sue

I do feel pretty lucky :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to have someone tell you how luck you are. It helps remind us things are not always bad.

Caryn said...

Awwwww.. what a nice boy!

Clare said...

sweetness and gratitude on all sides. that is lovely to see. :O) HUGS